Friday, August 5, 2011

A Work of Love

In the Literary canon, none have been as influential and dynamic to me as Bill Watterson's "Calvin & Hobbes". When I decided to add Calvin and his existential buddy in my Literary Character Avatar project, I wanted to do them justice. Calvin I have already posted. I have just recently finished Hobbes.


Hobbes took a lot longer to interpret due to the difficult proposition it is to take such a lovable, dynamic, inquisitive, intellectual individual and represent him in a way that encapsulates his "cartooniness" and yet gives him a more realistic representation. It was quite a fine line to try to balance.



Thank You Bill Watterson for such a rich and edifying commentary on the living plight of humanity!

1 comment:

  1. Your talent and vision always inspire me, buddy. I'm so blessed to have you as my brother.

    ReplyDelete